Hey mis amigos y mi familia!
This was a great week and it was fairly uneventful (kinda nice for my last week since I leave on Tuesday! Crazy stuff!) Someone needs to go listen to “One Day More” for me. (While you’re at it, listen to all of Les Miserables… 10/10 would recommend.)
My favorite comment from a guest teacher joining our zoom is probably: “A sister district? A sistrict! I love sistricts!” Me too brother guest-teacher-guy, me too. We have a group chat that we *might* use for class commentary. Being a sistrict, we enjoy shipping teachers. We *might* have forgotten that our teacher could see said chat and all our matchmaking (evidence below). Oops. Let’s just say that there is a new group chat ;). (Also someone go listen to the matchmaker song from Fiddler on the Roof for me.)
We have another teacher who always says things like “k friends, turn to this scripture” or “let’s do this friends.” Because we’re basically hilarious ninjas, we managed to change all our zoom names to “friend” at the same time and it was the best (probably not as hilarious for you, but it’s the most wild thing we’ve done in two weeks).
In one of the workshops I was in today, they were talking about sharing the gospel through social media. At first, I was thinking: "Oh great, here we go again! I know exactly what they’re going to say." But as I was listening, I decided it would be good to actually try reaching out and doing something. My mum and I brainstormed and came up with the idea of #rememberthemrememberhim. Memorial Day is coming up, and for some, it can be very hard to reflect on those they have lost. It would be wonderful if we could share the hope that Christ brings through social media. I’d invite you to post a picture of someone you love who has passed away, along with a picture of Christ. In said post, it’d be awesome if you could share something like memories, a scripture/quote about the resurrection, your testimony, etc. We can use the hashtag #rememberthemrememberhim and hopefully it will catch on! Finally, I invite you to pray that this will reach the people who are prepared to hear this message. Even if it only goes to 100 people, if we ask for Heavenly Father’s help, I am confident it will be a tender mercy for someone in need.
And to wrap things up, here’s the next part of your missionary discussions:
The Gospel Blesses Individuals and Families
To God, family is essential. We are all part of His family(isn't that great? We're all brothers and sisters!) Families can be together forever! In temples, husbands and wives are married for “time and all eternity,” not “until death do [they] part.” God gave us families as an opportunity to learn and grow in loving environments. God wants us to protect the family unit, and gave us the gospel as the best way to become united. However, He understands that not all family situations are ideal. He will still help us individually as we strive to make right decisions, and his gospel can still benefit us. We can make a difference in our family situation, no matter what it is. This week, I invite you to pray for your family members by name (whether you’re on good terms or not!) You will have an increase of love for your family as you do this. You may even be inspired on ways you can help your family be more united. Write those ideas down and do them! :)
I love all of you and hope that you have a fabulous week! See you in Cali!
-Sister Schramm

Fotos:
-I got to take pictures of my little sister before her baptism! Enjoy how adorable she is
-In
my study, I'm trying to ask a question, write it down, and then just
listen to the Spirit as I read. It's great! Even though I'm asking
questions about time management and I'm in the war chapters, I have
still gotten helpful answers
-I
go on a LOT of walks. Enjoy these pictures of sunsets, my dog, and my
sisters and I taking pictures in the bright sun (also, fun fact: baby
ducks look like little fuzzy speedboats when they swim really fast.
These are things I learn on walks.)






No comments:
Post a Comment