Wednesday, May 27, 2020

She's Gone

*this post was written by Sister Schramm's mom on the personal family blog. This blog post is copied portions of that family blog.*

Yesterday Corrine flew to California to begin her mission. Im not gonna lie. It was a rough day.  We had a packing party the night before.
The day before she left was Memorial Day. We decided it was a perfect time for dinner around the campfire.  Are hot dogs an appropriate "last supper"?
Before we took her to the airport, we took the kids out to lunch. It was strange eating in after Covid, but it was nice to have the place mostly to ourselves.
Jakob had to work on Tuesday so he wasn't able to come to the airport. They said their goodbyes the night before.
Thankfully, Jakob was able to call her for a few minutes while he was at work.
 
Corrine has been there for Sariah from the beginning. Im glad they are good friends!
Hayden and Corrine have a pretty good relationship. She is much more patient with him than the rest of the family. He said he is going to miss his 4-wheeling buddy.
Kate.  Kate is devastated. She has dreaded this day since Corrine opened her call. Corrine really has been Kates second mom and they are so close.  They are so much alike.  Im grateful we have a little mini Corrine around to help take the sting away. My heart breaks every time I look at Kate. She has been so sad.
I cried. I didn't cry a ton till we got to the airport, but I couldn't keep it in after that. I still can't. I'm constantly leaking.
Only one person could take Corrine into the airport. We decided since mom gets the first hug when Corrine gets home, then dad gets the last hug. Corrine is such a daddies girl. They have a great relationship and I'm grateful for that.
This was a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment