First
off, I just need you to know that I love my trainer. Sister Sintz is
awesome and a lot of fun. She is a very outdoorsy soul, so we go on a
hike almost every p day... As the subject line suggests, I am very
awkward. Because of this, I have a tendency to trip on things when we
hike. Last week it was in a river, and this week I scraped myself
falling on some rocks. I'm okay, only bruised my ego 😂 Both times the
spirit warned me right before to walk more carefully and I said "nah
Spirit, I don't want to be paranoid" and then I fall and the Spirit is
like "told you so."
Guess
what? I did another awkward thing: we were delivering notes to young
women and people who just moved into the area. I ran a note up to the
door of this one house and was admiring the brick walkway on the way
back to the car. Not paying attention, I opened the car door and started
to get in. I glanced at the hands on the steering wheel and thought
"boy, sister Sintz sure needs to use more lotion cause her hands sure
look like man hands."
They were man hands.
I got in the wrong car.
Thankfully,
the driver just said "excuse me?" politely, to which I replied, all in
one breath, "OH MY GOODNESS IM SO SORRY" and I got to walk back to my
laughing trainer. I am the epitome of grace!
One
last Corrine-is-an-awkward-nugget story: we were teaching a lesson over
Zoom at the church building, and it was getting fairly late. As you are
aware, there's been many riots in LA, which have effected our area (one
of our church buildings was vandalized!) As a result, I've been a
little bit jumpy. During the closing prayer of our lesson, I heard
someone drive into the parking lot and get out of their car... it
sounded like a bunch of young guys who were talking loudly about
something... then they came to the door and started messing with it,
trying to unlock it. I thought to myself: "people who know how to get
into the building wouldn't fiddle with the lock, they'd use the key pad!
These guys must b vandals! Mercy me!" I opened my eyes and looked at
the praying sister Sintz with a look that said "why won't your stop
praying? Someone is trying to break into the building?!" She did not
stop praying, so I started praying feverently myself. As soon as the
prayer was done, I whipped around to see other missionaries standing in
the doorway. I probably looked a little crazy, but I guess I am crazy,
so no harm done. 🤷♀️I'm glad I did not ninja pounce because that would
have been REALLY awkward.
Despite
all of my blonde moments, the work rolls forward! We were able to make
some breakthroughs this week with a friend of ours who has had a hard
time with some things. We prayed about how to have a discussion that
meets his needs and were given inspiration. We also got authorization to
meet in person again! (Outside, with masks, by invitation mind you).
That was exactly what our friend George needed. We were able to answer
some questions he had and have a great discussion. We have also been
praying specifically that we might have 2 people referred to us. We
haven't had much success in that area the past few weeks, but this week
we had 2! Sister Sintz likes to say that "God always answers forgiveness
prayers and missionary prayers." Truth!
Finally,
I just want to share one thing a member shared with us this week: he
said that joy and happiness are like climate and weather; places that
have pleasant climates will experience poor weather from time to time.
Similarly, you can still have a joyful life even though happiness will
come and go.
Anyways, love you all bunches!!! Hurrah for Israel!
- Sister Schramm





No comments:
Post a Comment