Hola amigos y familia! This week was a weird week with a lot of meetings... we also had lots of lessons drop and not a lot of contact from our members, so it's been a bit of a struggle. I guess it surprised me a little bit, which it shouldn't have, because I knew that missionary work was going to be hard at times! (Who knew?😉) I guess there's no teacher like real experience.
All that being said, there
wad still lots I'd great things this week and I wouldn't trade away
those experiences. Here's my week:
Tuesday we
had lots of lessons drop, so we decided to mark some great scriptures in
the Book of Mormon and drop them in these cute little book exchanges
boxes (which made my nerdy heart happy). This was up in the mountains in
a part of Sierra Madre we refer to as "the fairy town." It's crazy
adorable and all of the houses are funky and neat. While we were up
there, we came upon a mama bear and baby bear strolling down the street!
We went on a bear hunt ;)
Wednesday
we had interviews with president and he's the best (shout out to grandma
and grandpa Cain: I found elder Nielson! He's in my zone so that's fun)
Thursday
we had a 4-mission wide (Frezno, Arcadia, Anchorage, and Washington), 3
hour devotional with Elder Klebingat of the 70. He's a very fiery,
salty, sarcastic soul and I loved listening to him speak. He called us
to repentance with "all the love a German general authority can give,"
which was very direct but very needed. He spent about an hour explaining
the premortal life with God. He explained that we knew Him, He knew us,
and we learned directly from Him. We had confidence in Christ, so we
were willing to come to Earth. He loved us enough to come to Earth to
suffer for us. We are here to fulfill covenants to gather others to
return to return to God. Isn't that worth any sacrifice? Of course!
Friends, don't be lame! (Elder Klebingst's words;)) there's too much
work to do and things to become to just stay chillin where we're at.
Saturday
we did exchanges with the hermanas... I helped read scriptures in
Spanish with a very American accent. 😂I bore my testimony in English,
and the man we were teaching said "I don't understand what you said, but
I'm sure it was good!" Tambien my friend!
Anyways, it was a harder week, but so goes the work. I'm blessed! It is well with my soul.
Love,







No comments:
Post a Comment